The title made you excited, didn’t it?
It’s really just a regular conceptual project update! GOTCHA! The past few weeks we’ve been cranking out the conceptual project work and so here’s a running list of what we’ve done so far:
- Lynley began the project as “driver” (also known as project lead/prime minister)
- Lynley made a timeline for all that needs to be done (as well as a list of things, hanging in our lounge)
- Carly put all that data into a gantt chart to keep us on task
- Antonia researched the GPS for us to purchase (and Tim purchased it)
- All the interns received a lesson in using the GPS from Adam Johnson, a cartographer
- Jeff and Lynley found the lodge floor plan maps in the upstairs closet
- Antonia (with Jeff’s assistance) created and completed new lodge floor plan maps
- Brooke identified areas in the main lodge and grounds that would be great for signage and marked them on the lodge maps
- Carly began research on local flora and fauna and is now working on making examples for nature signs at HVCC
- Lynley did some research about animals to supplement Carly’s work
- Lynley, Brooke, Nelda, and Charlie mapped several trails with the GPS, marking waypoints with property tape that correlate
- Brooke and Antonia created a chart to organize and prioritize what signage we will need
- Lynley mapped the grounds with the GPS
- Carly, Brooke, and Lynley received a lesson in BaseCamp and QGIS to learn how to best create trail maps
- All the interns had weekly meetings with Jeff, and daily meetings together
- Lynley searched through old Happy Valley booklets for historical information about the campgrounds
This week’s assignments:
- Carly is trying to contact a local wildlife specialist to explore the trails with her to identify the flora and fauna she researched and so she can mark them for signage
- Brooke, Lynley, and Carly will continue mapping the trails and editing them in QGIS and BaseCamp
- Antonia will do edits of building and trail maps after the other three come up with a first draft.
We’ve got work to do!! Peace!