(Wrote this a little while ago, and forgot to take time to clean it up. So this is about the camp that happened 2 weeks ago!)
This week as been tough! We didn’t have Carly with us so we were operating at lower capacity. But that’s ok because Carly had a great time at Camp Cromberg at Junior High Camp while we helped out at Camp Opportunity. They’re a really cool camp–check out their website!
- Brooke, Lynley, and Antonia all lifeguarded everday
- Jakob (one of the cooks who trained in high ropes courses with us), Brooke, and Lynley all facilitated a group with Apex Adventures and had a fantastic time.
- Brooke, Lynley, and Antonia all did office hours from 6pm-9pm. (Everyone had a different night that they stayed in the office and helped campers. Lynley had them twice!
- Brooke, Lynley, and Antonia all had an evening shift in the dishroom this week. Lynley started out Wednesday night by herself. Gah! It was rough–Brooke and I pitched in that night.
- Lynley did excel work for Tim, calculating estimated working times in areas like dishroom and lifeguarding and so on.
- Lynley and Antonia read FISH! the book. About how to work awesomely.
- Antonia and Tim rethought the storage of the lifeguarding equipment. (And Gary made that happen this week!)
- Brooke, Carly, Lynley, and Antonia helped rebuild the wall low ropes element with Tyler on Saturday. We didn’t have a lot of time to rebuild it, because there was so much to do, so that day we did a lot of taking things apart instead of rebuilding!
- Our head immobilizer for the backboard at the pool the arrived in the mail. (Yayy!!)
- Carly and Nelda were gone at Cromberg all week & will post about that soon!
And that’s all the awesomeness we did with Camp Opportunity. Tim and Lisa invited us to watch a movie, so we saw World War Z with them, and then later when Carly and Nelda got back we saw Garden State, which was awesome! Also, Lynley, Brooke and I became addicted to United States of Tara.
That’s all for that week! See you in the upcoming recap of last week! 🙂