Alright, it’s getting to be the middle of the week, which means it’s time for last week’s week in review!!! (Someday I’ll actually post these at the end of the week.)
So last week we had Children’s Camp here. We unexpectedly met some people from Graceland! Apparently Gracelanders are big fans of being counselors at Children’s Camp! (We saw Santana, Anthony and Jade, all from Graceland, in addition to Adam from Senior High Camp!)
It was a busy week, as usual, and we were really getting into wading in our Maps & Signage Project. And by that I mean, we worked hard! Here’s what we did:
- Antonia finished lodge maps! (Expect a blog about it soon!)
- Antonia did in-town visual research with Jeff
- Antonia found some survey maps of the campground with Tim
- and Antonia is still searching for fonts
- Brooke, Lynley, Carly lifeguarded and did their office hours
- Brooke worked on reformating/reediting/adapting a lifeguard manual from Simpkins Swim Center that they so kindly allowed us to look at
- Carly researched natural topics (like local plants, trees, and animals) for some proposed educational signs
- Brooke worked on the sign list and the hand-writted draft of the overlay on the lodge map that shows where the signs will go.
- Carly worked on tackling food cost analysis
- Lynley worked on giving surveys to camps to try to study how camps can help campers
- Lynley is taking point on documenting a lot of our conceptual project meetings
- Nelda, Charlie (Jeff’s dog), Brooke and Lynley walked trails and created rudimentary GPS drawn trails. Now to transfer them onto the computer!
- Lynley began cleaning up the GPS created trail map
- Brooke, Lynley, and Carly had a meeting with Adam the carographer to learn how to edit trail maps on the computer after gathering data. It was a long, tough session, but they made it through!
We had a bit of free time over the weekend, and here’s what we did with that:
- Brooke, Carly, and Lynley had late lunch with Jeff at Falafel’s and then Penny’s as a reward after a long afternoon of learning about map programs! (Coincidentally that’s exactly where I went early that day with my mom & sister!)
- Brooke, Carly, and Lynley did crossfit with Jeff’s sister
- Antonia, Brooke, Carly, and Lynley got to watch mini jam sesh with Jeff/Nelda
- Antonia, Brooke, Carly, and Lynley roadtripped to the Monteray Aquarium on our day off
- Brooke, Carly, and Lynley watched wizard people
- Everybody (Antonia, Brooke, Lynley, Carly, Jeff, Nelda and Charlie the dog) all celebrated Charlie’s 8th birthday by going to Burger King and watching her eat a soft serve ice cream cone!
- Lynley, Brooke and Carly went to town with Nelda and posted Wild Noise signs
- Carly got here on Tuesday after visiting her home campground during their reunion!
Until next time! 🙂