I am not exaggerating when I say that Happy Valley has the best food I’ve ever eaten. It is a serious restriction to keep myself from eating thirds and fourths after each meal. (Seconds are okay, right?) Especially with desserts… like lemon bars.
The cooks that we have in the kitchen are absolutely amazing! They altar the menu each week to apply it to each group that we have staying at the conference center. This week, with children’s camp, the food is geared toward their age group, but still includes vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free options.
Because all of the interns have been devouring all of the fresh food (and leftovers too) we’ve been including a variety of workouts in our daily routine! Angie downloaded an app called “Max Capacity Training” , Karli has been leading us in “8 Minute Buns” and Lynley has been pulling ahead in swimming laps. Working out is a good opportunity for the interns to catch up and relieve stress during the day. But even if we weren’t working out, I would still be eating everything Happy Valley cooks make.
“90% of what we talk about at HV is food. And the other 10% is taken up by actually eating.” -Angie Delk