Note: So I started this post a long time ago, and then was scrolling through the blog posts and realized that I never finished it! So I finished it up today so you could get a much needed update on this situation! -A.
After a long day of lifeguarding, training or general errand running, what is an intern to do? Why prance across the lawn to Jeff & Nelda’s, of course!
Since we live in the Lodge, we don’t exactly have a place to hang out and do things, especially with other people. (We have a lounge we use for meeting spaces, but it hasn’t even got a table, let alone a tv for movies!)
So Jeff and Nelda invite us over a lot. And we always have a rockin’ good time.
Brooke says Charlie’s our mascot.
Sometimes Jeff makes us popcorn. We call it 15 minute popcorn, because that approximately how long it takes Jeff to make it! (Maybe we’ll convince him to publish his recipe here so you can see what it’s like!)
Some of the movies we’ve watched together so far (some with Jeff, some with Nelda, some with both, some with neither. And some with Tim & Lisa, when we go to their house.)
- “Cloud Atlas” (We’ve seen it like 3 times so far. It takes a few viewings to sink in.)
- “The Great Mouse Detective”
- “Billy Elliot”
- “Garden State” (I loved this one.)
- “21 Jump Street” (I’m so embarrassed to admit we even saw this!)
- “Admission” (Also a good one!)
- “The Perks of Being a Wallflower” (twice)
- And a few times some of us have watched episodes from “United States of Tara”
We’ve also been to the movie theater a couple of time:
- “The Bling Ring”
- “World War Z”
Next up on our movie list? Chasing Mavericks! (Partially because it was filmed in this area! And a lot of us haven’t seen it.)