EDIT (6/27): I accidentally skipped the fact that Nelda and Carly also spent all week long teaching a class: the Junior/Senior High class! They did a great job and followed up their work by heading to the Junior High Camp in Camp Cromberg. -A
….yes, there are two CoC Reunions here.
So I know that it’s middweek through the next camp (Camp Opportunity, say what?) but I’ve been meaning to do this post for a while. With all of the posts we’ve been writing on various topics, it’s probably difficult to tell what we are all doing any particular week.
Without further ado, these are a few of the things we did last week:
- On Sunday, Brooke and Antonia did our first partnership with Apex Adventures and helped facilitate a group on the high ropes course! (Wow, helping other people learn how to belay is about 10x harder than learning it ourselves! But we’ll get better!)
- Brooke, Carly, Lynley and Antonia worked a dishwashing shift. Everyone worked 7am-2pm on a different day of the week.
- Brooke, Carly, Lynley and Antonia lifeguarded at the pool. We took turns doing it when we weren’t dishwashing. Cory (a dishwasher/prep cook/maintentance man/lifeguard) also helped out at the pool on Wednesday.
- Brooke was assigned office hours one night, but everybody helped out there.
- Obviously, everyone blogged and journaled.
- Brooke, Carly, Lynley and Antonia set up the chairs in the chapel on Saturday (June 15th) to help get ready for Orientation and services.
- Brooke, Carly, Lynley and Antonia prepared and proposed conceptual projects. At this stage, we’re just waiting for a project or two to be picked so we can work on it/them for the rest of the summer. Look for a blog post soon on the projects we proposed!
- Brooke, Lynley, and Antonia ran the pre-K class everyday that there were classes. We partnered up so two out of the three of us were working the class on any given day.
- Antonia reorganized the linen closet. (I’m still working on labeling it. Pictures when I’m done!)
- Carly made us an Intern Calendar to keep track of our responsibilities.
- Brooke and Lynley went into town to run errands with Nelda and her grandmother.
Phew! What a busy week!
Just wait until we talk about everything we’ve done this week!!